Parallon Business Solutions includes financial services, revenue operations, patient account services, health information management, and human resources for our non-hospital lines of business, allowing patient care delivery partners to direct all of their attention and commitment to quality patient care.
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Supervisor integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Assist with the processing of payroll for his/her direct reports by maintaining employee edit requests, PTO requests, etc.
• Maintain accurate attendance records for employees
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to the Director
• Assist with or performs employee evaluations with input from Director
• Directly oversee the daily activities of the registration areas to ensure department standards are met
• Continually educate all registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, and assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in an effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Review daily pre-service log to ensure accounts have been activated
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Update collection system and requests rebill when appropriate
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Schedule and assist with evaluation processes; helps resolve patient and employee concerns
• Assist Manager to ensure all personnel and department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of manager in his/her absence, and informs Manager of all issues upon his/her return
• Supervise and maintain effectiveness of patient flow
• Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
• Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
Parallon Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.