Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale , Florida is a full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and a member of Catholic Health East.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, the name Holy Cross remains synonymous with medical excellence and highly personalized care with sincere human compassion and understanding.
While spirituality plays an essential role in the way that we minister to our patients, we also maintain state-of-the-art technology, a highly acclaimed medical staff and a variety of innovative services to provide healthcare for the entire family.
Holy Cross is accredited by the Joint Commission and is the first hospital in Broward County to be designated a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center . Our many accolades include the 2008 and 2009 U.S. News & World Report " Best Hospital " ranking for Orthopedics and the 2009 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- Under the direct supervision of the Department Manager and within established policies and procedures, responsible for the billing, collection, posting, follow-up, resolution and management of assigned accounts receivable for patient balances.
- Determine contractual allowances, communicate with physician offices, third party payers, patients/guarantors and others to collect outstanding patient charges.
- Research, review and assemble data necessary to properly credit accounts and refund credit balances to the appropriate person, company and governmental agency.
- Make collection calls and receives customer service calls in an effort to resolve unpaid balances on accounts receivable.
This is a FT position on day shift with benefits. Please visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
· High School Diploma or GED
Experience & Skills:
· Previous experience in a hospital patient financial services department.
· Knowledge of healthcare billing, posting of cash, and payment collection methodologies including Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO, secondary payers and contracted payors.
· Experience with IDX preferred.
· Testing of Microsoft Word, Excel, Typing and 10-key calculator is required.
If you’re interested in working at Holy Cross Hospital, know this: We’re committed to providing compassionate and holistic...