The Patient Account Representative-Dental is responsible for ensuring the daily processing of dental encounters. Also responsible for billing and follow up of Dental Accounts Receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Provide feed back and communicate with clinic staff to obtain incomplete or missing information needed to process clean claims.
- Meet/conference regularly with front desk staff for updates of billing and coding processes.
- Review and follow up on unpaid claims with insurance companies using system generated reports.
- Review, correct and re-bill insurance claim denials according to established guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of a program for Dental Billing at a technical school
- Plus 1 – 2 years related experience in dental billing.
Licenses or Certificates
- Possesses basic operating knowledge of computers.
- Beginning level of Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- CPT, ICD-9, HCPCs and CHCS certification preferred
HealthPoint CHC - 9 months ago