Under supervision and direction of the Clinical Nurse and according to established procedures, provides routine service duties, technical and nursing procedures necessary to provide for care, comfort and safety of patients. Performs tasks, assists patients with personal hygiene and meals and ambulates patients according to specific procedures. Maintains patient and unit environment in a clean and orderly condition. Utilizes basic knowledge of age related differences in delivering patient care.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Approximately six months on the job experience preferred, in order to gain knowledge of basic patient care methods, procedures and techniques, and to acquire and effectively utilize knowledge of unit procedures and schedules.
- New recipients of Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA) certification will be considered.
- Individuals who were licensed to practice nursing in a foreign country will be considered.
- Current Nurse’s Aide Certification required.
- Texas Department of Health Bureau of Long Term Care standards and pending successful completion of examination process.
- Evidence of completion of nursing training in a foreign country and work history as licensed nurse in a foreign country may be substituted for nurse aide certification.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification required
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read in order to interpret type and level of patient care ordered, to write in order to record patient vital signs, to understand and follow instructions relating to basic patient care,
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations in order to take and record patients’ weight and vital signs at a level normally acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent training program.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively and cordially interact with patients, Visitors, and physicians in a courteous manner.
- Ability to complete simple comparisons between numbers when taking patients’ vital signs and weight and to record routine information on patient charts.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail for unto twenty percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
- Ability to walk and stand for up to ninety percent of work time when performing basic patient care tasks.
CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
St. Joseph Medical Center
High School Diploma/GED
FT 36-40 hrs/wk Paid w/BN w/TA
- 20 months ago - save job
For 125 years St. Joseph Medical Center has provided an ever-increasing range of services to residents in the Greater Houston area. As the...