Responsible for the day-to-day management of patient care activities and supervision of clinical staff. Serves as a consultant to hospice staff. Participates in quality improvement program and the evaluation of nursing and other clinical services. Supports the Provider Relations and volunteer activities of the organization.
As a Patient Care Coordinator at AseraCare Hospice, you’ll be responsible for daily management of nursing and patient care. Rather than treating the disease, you’ll focus your staff’s efforts on the whole person. With so many relying on your clinical leadership, direction and supervision, you’ll help our patients live life to the fullest. You’ll be an advocate for patients and families, maintaining existing programs and creating new ones to meet their special needs. Provide invaluable support for our patients and families during these difficult but significant moments in their lives as a Patient Care Coordinator by performing a wide variety of daily responsibilities.
You’re dedicated to the patients and families who will rely on your unique skills is evident every day. Whether it’s a friendly face for them to talk to or someone with the knowledge and expertise to answer their questions, you’ll be there for the entire journey. Ideal Patient Care Coordinator candidates should also have:
Discipline - Select All That Apply Nurse Management
* Must be a registered nurse with a current state license.
* Must demonstrate a proven competency in all aspects of IV therapy.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years experience as staff nurse in an acute care hospital or home health agency. Experience in dealing with dying patients and their families with a good understanding of pain/symptom management.
* Must have a minimum of one-year of supervisory experience.
* Must demonstrate an ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in a home setting.
* Must be skilled in nursing practices, able to cope with family emotional stress, and must be tolerant of individual lifestyles.
* Must have 24-hour access to a reliable motor vehicle and must maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain automobile insurance that complies with state and company regulations.
* Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
As AseraCare Hospice professionals, helping our patients and their families to feel as comfortable as possible during a stressful and emotional time is at the heart of everything we do. We believe the hospice care journey is about compassion, commitment, and dignity. Partnering with our patients’ personal physicians, we work to minimize pain and provide emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families as they prepare for change. As one of the nation’s premier providers of hospice services, we offer a full range of hospice career opportunities. If you share our approach to delivering personalized, quality hospice care, we can deliver the independence, rewards and clinical excellence you want from your career!
1113 A Mckenzie Street
Aseracare - 10 months ago
As one of the nation’s leading providers of home health, palliative and hospice care services, we can offer you career resources and...