Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
- Process all authorizations and letters as assigned within applicable timeframes
- Enter faxed requests into Practice Connect
- Verify eligibility and benefits
- Research all administrative issues
- Take calls
- Triage calls
- Ability to work collaboratively in a busy office
- General knowledge of managed care, third party payors, regulatory requirements and government entitlement programs
- Proficiency with computers
- Ability to multi-task.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
2+ years Healthcare experience and/or training with an understanding of health plan eligibility and health care benefits
Strong working knowledge of medical terminology
Proficiency with Data Entry, MS Word, and MS Excel
Managed care experience
Associates Degree or 2 year college degree
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Skills / Requirements
Monarch HealthCare - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard