Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Responsible for the Strategic Plan of the Department / Center of Excellence and its integration with other departments.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget, including projecting personnel and supply costs and recommending capital expenditures for the department, analyzing monthly financial performance against budget.
- Oversees all personnel and Human Resources related activities including hiring, staffing, corrective action, performance appraisal, salary action, promotion, development, and labor relations.
- Identifies and implements Performance Improvement opportunities.
- Manages information; acquires, updates and reconciles data when necessary and assures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (patients, physicians, employees, vendors, community leaders, etc.) to ensure that the needs of the hospital are met in an effective manner.
- Provides leadership for patient communities of care and professional nursing practice.
- Collaboration on Allina system wide initiatives.
- Responsible for assuring that a safe environment of care for patients, visitors and employees is maintained.
- Responsible for competency assessment and development of employees in the department.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in nursing required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or relevant area preferred
- 5 years current Management experience in acute care environment
- Current RN licensure in the state of MN
- Nursing management certification preferred
- Leadership, Financial Management, Operational Management, Long Term Planning
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time (40 hours/week)
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 21 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...