Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Conferences with patient to explain benefits and financial responsibilities, and arranges for funding programs if necessary.
- Schedules patient’s deliveries and addresses all patient needs in one phone call with positive and caring attitude.
- Ensures proper follow-ups are initiated so patient’s therapy is not disrupted.
- Ensures individualized care goals are met.
- Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures patients receive quality care by reviewing documentation, making visits with staff, reviewing care plans, conducting/participating in multidisciplinary team conferences, and reviewing patient satisfaction reports.
- Plans and organizes work assignments, sets priorities and completes work with minimum supervision.
- Adheres to the service policy and principles of the Advanced Care Scripts, Inc. Care Program. Professional Behavior Participates in Departmental Quality
- Works with Insurance Companies to verify coverage and benefit levels.
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
- Background in Health Care or Customer Service with at least 2 years’ experience. Associates degree a plus.
- Insurance knowledge preferred
- Call center experience a benefit.
- Computer knowledge required.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Omnicare, Inc - 2 years ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...