The Patient Care Technician (PCT), under the direction of the Registered Nurse, assists in providing quality care to an assigned group of patients throughout the hospital. The PCT maintains unit equipment in good working order and maintains adequate stocking of supplies and related equipment. The PCT identifies opportunities for improvement and participates in performance improvement activities as directed. The PCT is responsible for: meeting Joint Commission standards, complying with all state and federal regulations, complying with corporate and hospital policy and procedures, managing supplies and equipment, promoting teamwork and positive customer service. This is a highly visible role with a large degree of physician as well as patient interaction; strives to promote harmony of unit. The quality of care given in the hospital will be in keeping with the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing; will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to promote and support the concept of the family unit and to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Must have a current and active Florida CNA, EMT license, or be enrolled in your 2nd year of nursing school.
- 1-3 years experience in a patient care setting
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform tasks that require frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs
Orange Park Medical Center is dedicated to shaping the future of healthcare in our community. We are committed to continually enhancing the...