Under direct supervision of the Director or Manager, and close direction of a registered nurse, administers patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs for assigned patients. Delivery of patient care includes data collection, documentation, communication and implementation of patient care interventions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards. The Patient Care Assistant/Student Nurse Tech provides care infants, pediatric and adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- High school diploma or equivalent or successful completion of accredited CNA VO Tech or High School program required.
- Successful completion of CNA program or proof of having nurse assistant training/experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to achieve and maintain BCLS certification required.
- Ability to successfully complete HCA Midwest's Patient Care Technician education program required.
- Must have nursing assistant experience.
- Experience may be obtained through a basic fundamentals of nursing course at an accredited school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
An Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/H/V).
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has been serving the healthcare needs of Johnson County and the surrounding counties since December of...