Provide excellent customer service to patients in an inbound call center. Working with the patient to resolve their account and answer any questions they may have.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by verifying HIPAA.
- Communicate in a respectful and courteous manner at all times.
- Respond to questions and offer solutions to resolve patient accounts.
- Work with the caller to provide a thorough and complete understanding about:
- The billing process
- Co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles
- Non-covered charges
- Explanations of Benefits and Personal Health Statements
- Payments to the subscriber
- Collect outstanding balances via credit card or electronic check.
- Place callers on budget plans
- Recall accounts from collections – when required
- Document complaints thoroughly
- Verify and update patient accounts with correct billing, emergency contact and insurance information.
- Reply to emails
- Be punctual and productively work entire shift.
- Limit unscheduled absences.
- Provide feedback to supervisor about types of calls received
- Assist in working patient correspondence when needed
- Actively participate in meetings and educational programs in an effort to improve both individual and team quality and effectiveness.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Education or GED
- Proficient computer knowledge
- Ability to work equally well individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- One year experience in a fast-paced call center environment
- One year of customer service experience
- Experience with GE Centrictiy Business preferred but not required
- Understanding of how to interpret EOBs and PHS (Explanation of Benefits and Personal Health Statements)
- Understanding of how various insurance companies process claims in and out of network.
- Quick Learner
- 3 years ago - save job