The Contact Center Representative will be assisting customers with payment of their ED bill. They will need to analyze patient's bill and assess the patient's ability to pay based on the situation. The representative will need to make wise business decisions that protect the company's interest while influencing the patient that these decisions are also in their best interest. The representative will have the freedom to act within business rules set for each patient.
- Communicate with patients by telephone (inbound and outbound) to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received and update records information about financial status of customer and status of collection effort.
- Transfer customer calls to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrate effective skiptracing techniques by locating patient contact information.
- Negotiate with patients on options in regards to payment plans to bring bill to a $0.
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements that were made are upheld.
- Counsel delinquent account patients to assist in finding funds to meet debt obligations.
- Research Billing issues and misapplied payments.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Verify account information and takes credit card payments over the phone.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) year call center and/or customer sales and/or customer service experience, preferably in a call center environment
*Ability to speak fluently in English and Spanish
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Basic typing skills and basic PC skills, including Windows-based programs.
* Good telephone etiquette.
* Ability to work with patients in a professional manner and ability to work in a team environment.
* Able to work a flexible schedule (day, evening, weekends).
* Be a team player; Be professional; Have a positive attitude and the desire to do the right thing for all customers
* Goal Oriented
- 2 years ago - save job