About Sterling Regional MedCenter
Sterling Regional MedCenter is a 36-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County’s largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is a comprehensive, award-winning health system that includes 23 hospitals in seven western states (twelve in Arizona), primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. We offer a choice of nursing career paths where you can leverage your abilities to make a real difference for your patients – and real change in the health care industry!
Pay Opportunity: $12.45-$16.17
This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at medical facilities. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance; resolves issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions. Performs financial counseling when appropriate. Explains and obtains signatures on legal forms and registration materials.
- Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation requires by the patient’s insurance plan.
- Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments.
- Provides financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources and avenues for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients and their families in completing financial assistance paperwork when appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department and the payer to enhance account receivables performance, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns, and to maximize service excellence.
- As assigned, conducts patient visits for bedside registration to expedite the completion of the patient registration.
- Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patients’ needs in financial services.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards. Completes daily assignments and maintains accurate production logs and records. Identifies opportunities to improve work processes and practices good work group dynamics.
- Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned to functions such as transporting patients, provide training for new staff, collecting and releases patient valuables in accordance with company policies, posting daily deposits, or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education.
Requires the knowledge of medical terminology and patient financial services processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience in hospital customer service and/or medical billing or physician office environment.
Requires strong organizational abilities, proficiency in Professional Customer Service, oral and written communications, accurate and efficient keyboarding with strong competencies in the use of common office software applications, the ability to create spreadsheets to analyze and present data. Requires effective teamwork skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
Work experience with the Company’s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred. May have related experience with financial institution or background.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 5 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.