Position overview: In this customer focused role you
will be assisting new patients transitioning onto the
OmniPod system. This position reports to the Manager of
Intake Operations and is the primary point of contact
for all potential customers and all prescribing
physicians within a defined geographic region to ensure
reimbursement for Insulet products. This role is an
essential part of the customer management process and
will work directly with team members to ensure that
there is strong communication between Insulet,
physicians, insurance providers and OmniPod customers.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
fax) as they enter Insulet’s sales pipeline. This
- Contact potential customers (by phone, email, and/or
role is responsible to ensure all paperwork is
complete and expected order fulfillment dates are
process by verifying insurance benefits to determine
- Case manage and process aspects of the reimbursement
cost share amounts for potential customer
responsibility, collection of all required
documentation, and coordinating shipment of product
to potential customers.
how they are used. Ability to explain to potential
- Understanding of Insulet manufactured products and
customers the operation and use of all products
offered by Insulet.
sales queue. Entering and processing of new sales
- Answering phone inquiries on a dedicated inside
leads from potential customers calling inside sales
queue in addition to lead processing generated by
field based sales representatives.
limited to members of the field based sales team to
- Work as part of the support team, including but not
ensure proactive communication of potential
customer’s order status.
customer database in line with QA/RA and HIPAA
- Deliver superior front-line customer support.
- Document all interactions and calls into the
- Provide feedback to management team on an as-needed
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge / Education
environment, preferably with extensive phone coverage
- Minimum 1 year experience in a professional working
and medical device oriented.
understanding of the managed care industry is preferred.
- Individual health plan insurance knowledge and
Skills / Competencies
management support problem solving.
- Ability to identify and escalate issues requiring
customer tracking database while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent phone and e-mail communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong data entry skills; rapid entry of data into
industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience working in and knowledge of the diabetes
Division/Department : Insulet Corporation
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred*
% of Travel Required : None
Insulet Corporation / Neighborhood Diabetes - 10 months ago