PURPOSE: Serves as an initial point of contact in a clinic setting by booking patient appointments and performing check-in/check-out functions. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Books appointments utilizing computer system . When booking appointments, also confirms and/or makes any changes to demographic information and notifies patient of account balance.
- Verifies insurance eligibility by using online resources, Medifax, etc.
- Greets patients and arrives them on computer system.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is complete and up-to-date and scans insurance card, if applicable.
- Collects payments from patients, posts amounts, and balances drawer for end of day deposit.
- Prints face sheets, receipts, and other documents as needed.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of emergencies, messages, patient arrivals, etc.
- Screens and directs incoming calls as needed.
- Confirms in advance patient appointments.
- Responsible for opening front office and all duties associated with this function.
- Responsible for end of day processing and documentation, including deposit.
- Runs reschedule reports and books rescheduled appointments as necessary. Ensures report is accurate and current.
- Verifies Worker’s Compensation claims, ensures that paperwork is complete, and performs follow-up.
- Assists patients with setting up payment plans.
- Issues receipts for payment.
- Books follow-up appointments.
- Runs wait list report and distributes as directed.
- Creates master deposit as directed.
- Generates referrals / authorizations.
- Performs patient registration functions by collecting and entering demographic and insurance related information into computer system in order to set up patient accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Experience working in a medical setting preferred. Experience using a PC in a Windows environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Knowledge of medical insurance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Computer and keyboarding skills, including familiarity with Windows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
Austin Regional Clinic - 16 months ago