We are seeking a skilled, enthusiastic Patient Services Representative to provide bilingual support in English and Spanish to a dynamic, multidisciplinary and diverse healthcare team for the Federal Way Public Health Center located in Federal Way. The Patient Service Representative position supports a broad range of healthcare services in a fast paced public health clinic that serve economically, socially and culturally diverse populations. The Patient Services Representative is generally the first point of contact for patients both in person and over the phone and consistently maintains excellent customer service standards.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants.
The following items are required to be considered for this vacancy:
NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line or paper application
Supplemental questionnaire responses
You may attach multiple documents if you wish:
- Copy and paste one or more documents into the text resume section of the application.
- Attach multiple documents/files in the resume attachment section.
Your application may be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the standard information in the application. Providing information only in a resume or a cover letter will not be considered a complete application.
Work Location: This full time bilingual position will work at the Federal Way Public Health Center located at 33431 13th Place S., Federal Way, WA 98003.
Work Schedule: This full time position typically works 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday but may be asked to work some evening hours to meet client needs. This position is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible.
Contact: If you have additional questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Rosalind Monteros, Human Resources Analyst at (206) 263-8737 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of Duties:
- Greet, check-in and register patients in person and over the phone including: obtaining demographic, financial and insurance information over the phone or confirming in person for accuracy; providing appropriate forms to patients and completing paperwork as necessary for requested services; performing data entry; determining when language interpretation is needed; orienting patients to Public Health's services; directing patients to appropriate locations for services requested; identifying when triage by healthcare staff is needed and quickly identifying potential emergency situations and responding accordingly.
- Verify insurance coverage and correct patient assignment for those with managed care plans and obtain insurance pre-authorization for services when necessary.
- Schedule patient visits by determining the appropriate providers and programs for patients to be scheduled with, assure timely access to services by actively monitoring and coordinating multiple provider schedules and maintaining appointment templates for clinic providers.
- Prepare and maintain patient health records including: preparing health records for visits; maintaining organization and completeness of health records; pulling, filing and purging of documents and health records; and responding to requests for health records from providers, using established health records guidelines.
- Calculate charges and collect Payments for Services and Donations for Public Health including: reviewing encounter forms for accuracy and completeness of encounters; entering billing codes as indicated on encounter forms into appropriate computer system; asking for, collecting and recording co-payments, balances due and donations; and balancing and reconciling payments and donations.
- Coordinate patient and paperwork flow for practice assuring that patients and their records are prepared for the visit and assuring that all information is available to the provider; track location of health records and loose documents throughout the facility for timely access when needed; and/or receive cross training for multiple functions.
- General office duties such as: ordering and replenishing medical/dental and general office supplies; filing; answering multi-line phones; operating TDD machines, FAXs, copiers, label makers and printers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a medical or social service delivery environment providing quality customer service in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients in English and Spanish without the aid of an interpreter. (The candidate selected must be able to pass the Language Interpreter Certification Exam administered by the State of Washington.)
- Skilled in Basic Excel, Basic Word, customer service, alphanumeric filing and data entry with at least 85% accuracy and a minimum of 3000 keystrokes per hour. The most competitive candidates will be tested on these skills.
- Ability to learn and use multiple computer applications and programs including web browser, Outlook and patient management software.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service to internal and external customers and the ability to understand a customer's perspective to improve client service.
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with all kinds of people equitably in a highly diverse work environment. Ability to deal with different ethnicities and races, cultures, abilities, ages and genders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients and co-workers, in order to build strong and positive relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflict by actively listening and mediating disagreements in a positive way.
- Skilled at problem-solving and troubleshooting within the scope of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player to collaborate and solve problems with co-workers and supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to move up to 25 pounds in order to move boxes, retrieve health records, replenish office supplies with our without reasonable accommodation. This may involve intermittent lifting, standing, stooping, bending and reaching during the course of the work day.
- Demonstrated ability to use practice management software for registering patients, scheduling appointments and/or encounters for billing purposes.
- Functional knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of basic insurance practices.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws governing the use and disclosure of protected health information.
The selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, interviewing, and testing.
If selected for testing, candidates may be tested in the following:
Excel 2010 Basic
Word 2010 Basic
For more information on our selection process, please refer to http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/jobs.aspx
- Public Health relies on office automation (Microsoft Office) and web-based enabled tools, therefore candidates must be proficient and comfortable with computer use to perform functions associated with on-going work.
- Regular and reliable attendance, effective communication skills, and development of effective working relationships are requirements of all Public Health positions.
- Staff may be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing their mandatory trainings on time.
This position is represented by the Professional & Technical Employees Union, Local 17. The bargaining unit classification for this position is Administrative Specialist II.
Public Health - Seattle & King County - 7 months ago