Basic Peace Officer License required - T.C.L.E.O.S.E. License|
Under supervision of superior officers, performs general duty police work in protecting and serving the community and properly enforcing laws and ordinances. Maintains law and order for preventing crimes and for protecting life and property within the City. Responds to emergency calls and performs other duties as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Performs patrol duties of assigned sector or area in a vehicle, on foot, or on a bicycle, recognizing signs of criminal activity, developing probable cause for investigation, interviewing public or offenders, assisting public with non-criminal matters, recognizing public safety hazards and interacting with other agencies.
2. Responds to calls for service by monitoring and operating communications equipment, interacting with public or offender, determining applicability of laws and ordinances, determining course of action, enforcing applicable laws and ordinances and writing reports.
3. Makes arrests for violations of laws or ordinances; escorts prisoners to court; testifies in court.
4. Performs traffic enforcement and accident investigation by identifying violators of traffic codes, determining course of action, controlling traffic flow when necessary and producing written reports.
5. Conducts criminal investigations by securing and controlling crime scene, locating and interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, gathering evidence, and producing written reports.
6. Performs other duties and fulfills responsibilities as assigned.
Duties are generally performed within the city limits in both indoor and outdoor settings. Occasionally, services are performed outside the city. The physical demands and work environment are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principle duties and responsibilities (essential functions) of this position or which the employee will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to prolonged periods of sitting and is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, kneel and bend over. The employee must have normal vision, hearing and understandable articulation. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects or persons weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds. The employee will work in a vehicle, indoors and outdoors during inclement weather conditions and in extreme hot and cold temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to personal risk while working in dangerous and life threatening situations and while driving or riding in a police vehicle at high rates of speed. The employee is exposed to personal risk while working with persons under the influence of drugs and alcohol, and convicts and felons. The noise level of the work environment ranges from generally quiet to moderately loud.
A CITY OF KERRVILLE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. RESUMES ARE CONSIDERED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, AND ACCEPTED WITH A CITY APPLICATION. OBTAIN AN APPLICATION BY VISITING KERRVILLETX.GOV, EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES OR AVAILABLE AT KERRVILLE CITY HALL.
Texas Municipal League
- 2 years ago - save job