Basic Peace Officer License required - T.C.L.E.O.S.E. License|
Resumes are used as only addtional information. Complete a City application, if interested in this position.
Under supervision of superior officers, performs general duty police work in protecting and serving the community and properly enforcing laws and ordinances. Maintains law and order for preventing crimes and for protecting life and property within the City. Responds to emergency calls and performs other duties as required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
This information is intended to be descriptive of the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Performs patrol duties of assigned sector or area in a vehicle, on foot, or on a bicycle, recognizing signs of criminal activity, developing probable cause for investigation, interviewing public or offenders, assisting public with non-criminal matters, recognizing public safety hazards and interacting with other agencies.
2. Responds to calls for service by monitoring and operating communications equipment, interacting with public or offender, determining applicability of laws and ordinances, determining course of action, enforcing applicable laws and ordinances and writing reports.
3. Makes arrests for violations of laws or ordinances; escorts prisoners to court; testifies in court.
4. Performs traffic enforcement and accident investigation by identifying violators of traffic codes, determining course of action, controlling traffic flow when necessary and producing written reports.
5. Conducts criminal investigations by securing and controlling crime scene, locating and interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, gathering evidence, and producing written reports.
6. Performs other duties and fulfills responsibilities as assigned.
Texas Municipal League - 6 months ago