Duties and responsibilities include police and security work under the direction of a Sergeant or higher ranking officer. As part of a service-oriented department patrols the
campuses and other assigned areas owned or controlled by Boston College. Is responsible to assure compliance with University rules and regulations as well as the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and to protect life and property. Shall provide first aid treatment and emergency medical transport to the college community as needed. Must have the ability to perform under stressful conditions and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Duties include - police dispatching and patrolling assigned areas on foot, and/or by various police vehicles. Other responsibilities will include traffic control and enforcement as well as regulating pedestrian movement and behavior. Must
be able to work all schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Associates Degree preferably in Criminal Justice or a related field
* US Citizenship
* Valid Massachusetts Driver's License
* Ability to obtain Massachusetts Class 'A' Firearms Permit
* One or two years related professional experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Must pass background investigation, medical examination, and psychological screening
* Must meet Municipal Training Committee fitness standards
* Must successfully graduate or have graduated (preferred) from a Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee approved full time recruit academy or Massachusetts Special State Police Officer Academy or equivalent academy training accepted by the Director of Public Safety
* Successful completion of a twelve (12) month probationary period
* EMT Certification
No person who has been convicted of a felony or of an offense involving Chapter 94C or 209A of the Massachusetts General Laws, or similar violations in other areas, will be considered for police employment
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boston College - 13 months ago