Havre , MT
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Patrolman Operator is responsible for assisting in the area of operations in the winter months as well as weed spraying, line patrolling, line locating, and area operations as needed the remainder of the year.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Under the general guidance of area supervision, the Patrolman Operator will be responsible for operation and maintenance of high pressure natural gas wells, compressors, dehydration equipment, and related test and measurement equipment
- Assist in overhauls, construction projects, and operate pipeline location & leak detection equipment
- Install, maintain and repair surface production equipment, including but not limited to chemical pumps, controls, separators, and all associated equipment.
- Responsible for wellhead measurement, including installation calibration and maintenance of Electronic Flow Measurement’s (EFM’s).
- Record keeping and data input
- Perform plate changes
- Travel is required for pipeline locates, weed spraying, annual pipeline patrol and measurement and regulation station O & M
- Lifting of 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds and various other physical activities in a variety of weather extremes and occasional exposure to various chemicals
- Position is required to ride four wheelers and walk long distances during pipeline patrol
- Nature of the job requires the ability to respond to call outs, therefore the employee is required to live within 30 minutes of the Battle Creek facility
- All duties must be performed in accordance with all OSHA, DOT and NorthWestern Energy safety rules, policies and procedures
- Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record and maintain a positive safety attitude
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge through experience or training in the operation and maintenance of gas compressors, dehydration equipment, wells and other related equipment
- The operator must demonstrate the self-motivation required to work alone, as well as take direction and work in a team environment
- Must possess a valid Montana Driver’s to operate pick-ups, four-wheelers and snowmobiles
- Must obtain and maintain Operator Qualification certification under DOT rules
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER