Our mission is to let people discover and share content in beautiful and simple ways.
Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
Skills & Experience
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the payroll and accounts receivable functions.
- Monitor billing integrity, manage credit memos and prepare monthly late fees.
- Participate in the month-end close processes that include account reconciliation and preparing journal entries.
- Ensures compliance with all SOX control objectives and corporate policies related to billing activities. This includes monthly review of key controls, quarterly updates to SOX narratives and testing.
- Assist in the development of processes to automate invoicing. This includes the review, recommendation and implementation of tactical department plans, policies, and procedures.
- Assist the Head of Accounting with the establishment, maintenance and continuing improvement of billing process and procedures. Recommend changes in methods or procedures to increase the efficiency of the accounts receivable department.
Why Join Flipboard
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years plus experience processing multi-state payroll processing (set up and run).
- Familiarity with ADP and other payroll systems AND ability to enter payroll in accounting system.
- Accounts Receivable experience desired but if accounting background, can train.
- Exposure to international payroll a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product, the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, and Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits.
- 401(k) with company contribution.
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance.
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs.
- Flexible hours.
- Subsidized commuter programs.
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ.
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks- healthy and otherwise.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It's the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around...