Summary : This position is responsible for all general ledger aspects of payroll including assisting in the daily data entry for payroll processing, ensuring accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, and providing timely and accurate financial information reports for payroll filings.
- Calculate and prepare bi-weekly general ledger entries and month end accruals.
- Process garnishments and manual checks.
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities (multi-state company), including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Complete all payroll related account reconciliations (accrued payroll, taxes, 401k, benefits, etc.)
- Complete timely and accurate tie outs between payroll and the general ledger; help identify and resolve issues
- Provide customer service to help research and resolve payroll related issues.
- Fully cross-train in daily payroll department operations
- Develop in-depth understanding of payroll database to be able to create ad-hoc reports on demand
- Review, analyze, and check payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through established procedures
- Responsible for payroll-related audits; preparing schedules for Workers Comp, 401K
- Recommend and participate in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll
- Assist in providing knowledge to system upgrade/ implementation projects
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Other projects as assigned
- Follow and implement plans from senior management regarding work priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent business experience
- 5 + years of payroll/ accounting experience with processing of multi-state payroll
- Experience with in-house payroll systems
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations related to payroll and payroll taxes.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to sensitively deal with confidential material
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
NO AGENCIES, PLEASE
- Certified Payroll professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and three years experience in business accounting for a comparable size manufacturing service bureau
Data Recognition Corporation - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard