We have an immediate opportunity for a Payroll/Human Resources Specialist. In this position you will be responsible for payroll processing and Human Resources tasks.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing our semi-monthly, multi-state payroll.
- Maintains payroll information by directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, and PTO
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Resolves tax payments issues by researching data and verifying payments
- Complete insurance enrollments and monthly insurance bill reconciliations
- Assist our staffing effort by scheduling interviews, following up with candidates, maintaining staffing spreadsheets
- Create/maintain employee files/process new hire paperwork
- Assist with our college recruitment program
- Special projects as assigned
Skills/Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related subject
- Ceridian experience required
- Four plus years of payroll experience required
- Microsoft Office experience, to include strong Excel experience
- Benefits Administration Experience
- Experience with applicant tracking systems.
- General Human Resources experience
MapR is an equal opportunity employer