Coordinate and perform processing of employee payroll, bank deposits and entry/processing of vendor invoices and payments.
Education: Minimum of an Associate Degree in Accounting and/or equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in payroll.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in accounts payable.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and word processing programs, preferably Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficiency or prior experience with ADP/HRB software is a plus.
- Impeccable integrity due to exposure of this position to extremely sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Extreme competency in attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Ability to work independently, as well as under the direction of others.
- Effective communication skills with supervisor and co-workers.
- Dependable in work habits and reliable in attendance.
- Passing a background check and credit check are requirements.
- Maintain all payroll records and perform all functions in ADP to ensure the timely processing of payroll and subsequent distribution of payroll funds to employee accounts. Provide assistance as necessary to the payroll specialist in the Talent Operations department to ensure appropriate supervisor/manager approval for adding new employees, processing wage rate changes, job title/promotion changes, departmental transfers, and any other items affecting employee pay and departmental allocation.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local payroll regulations.
- Receive customer checks in payment of accounts receivable and prepare bank deposits.
- Perform data entry of vendor invoices and process vendor payments. Ensure the correct accounting classification of expenditures and documentation.
- Handles vendor payment inquiries and follow-up with supply chain management department on reconciliation of invoice/payment discrepancies and/or reason(s) for lack of payment or delayed payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements with invoices as necessary and investigate any discrepancies.
- Control and record transactions involving petty cash.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as they relate to payroll, accounts payable, and other miscellaneous areas.
- Monitor accounting systems and recommend new or revised policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance in the:
- Reconciliation and analysis of General Ledger accounts.
- Preparation of schedules for independent auditors performance of year-end audit and completion of corporate income tax returns.
- Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
- Other duties as assigned.
LI-COR Biosciences - 30+ days ago
LI-COR maintains a list of Application Notes and Journal articles that relate to the use of LI-COR instrumentation. We currently have articl...