This position will provide support to the Human Resources department, with primary responsibilities of processing bi-weekly payroll. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in processing biweekly payroll for 5+ companies with 850+ employees in 40+ tax jurisdictions.
- Assist in processing payroll for US and Canadian operations.
- Audit a variety of payroll and tax reports.
- Enter and review employee, tax, garnishment, and other related payroll data.
- Prepare payroll reports, data files, wire and funding requests.
- Process various new hire, termination, and change requests. Maintain accurate employee data in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Administer and assist paid leave of absence and education reimbursement programs.
- Assist employees with inquiries about payroll, taxes, benefits and related matters.
- Provide employees with forms and instructions, clear explanations of benefit plans and payroll processes, and assistance in resolving payroll or benefit problems.
- Perform various project-based support functions including data audits and analysis, preparation of reports or spreadsheets.
- Provide support for other general HR projects or functional areas as needed.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- 3+ years of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Knowledge of general payroll processes and controls.
- Ability to follow standardized procedures including completion of required documentation.
- Clear and effective ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated superb attention to detail and sound data accuracy.
- Strong MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Math skills at basic algebra level.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- CPP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Human Resources, Business, Finance or other applicable coursework; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience processing Canadian and/or Expatriate payrolls.
- Experience with Ultimate Software’s UltiPro software.
- Experience working with SAP Personnel Administration.
Iberdrola Renewables - 10 months ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...