Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
Primary Job Functions:
- Perform accounting functions, including monthly reconciliations, for payroll related processes on an accurate and timely basis with minimal supervision.
- Assist payroll tax team with weekly and quarterly reconciliation processes and maintain monthly tax withholding account.
- Develop recommendations/processes in support of account reconciliations
- Coordinate monthly and year-end journal entry processing for payroll.
- Coordinate payroll audits from internal and external parties
- Participate in acquisition activities as appropriate
- Resolve routine payroll accounting related inquires from within Abbott.
- Maintain complete and accurate information as required by internal and external auditors.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or practical experience that has functional equivalence to a Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance and three years additional experience in a corporate setting.
- Three years of relevant accounting experience. Payroll and/or tax accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SAP, and TESSERACT mainframe applications
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of feeds between systems and the ability to troubleshoot and define causes of problems
- Good teamwork, oral and written communication skills and ability to work well under pressure.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....