Are you someone who dreams in numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high energy accounting team? The work is ever-changing and ideal for a highly analytical problem solver who has an interest in corporate accounting. Whether designing processes, providing forward-thinking analysis or managing our day-to-day balance sheets, our seasoned accounting and finance pros create innovative solutions to challenges and keep our business on track.
The Payroll Accountant position is a full-time temporary employment opportunity. Responsible for payroll journal entries, accruals, general ledger payroll account reconciliation. Reconcile semi-monthly payroll accounting transactions for 10000+ employees, and research discrepancies to the General Ledger. The Payroll Accountant reports to the Director of Payroll.
Essential Job Duties:
• Perform all payroll accounting duties in a multi-state and multi-company environment.
• Download/upload payroll accounting files from ADPGL payroll accounting software to the General Ledger.
• Research and resolve payroll accounting discrepancies from ADPGL download.
• Prepare semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll journal entries including payroll analysis and post to the General Ledger to ensure disbursements are properly recorded.
• Reconcile Payroll clearing account and other payroll accounts to the General Ledger on all earnings, deductions, memos, accruals, and liabilities.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Establish and maintain earnings, deductions, accruals, and liability codes in ADPGL Payroll accounting software system tables.
• Maintain accounting calendar and payroll accounts in ADPGL Payroll accounting system.
• Prepare and maintain payroll bank reconciliation.
• Assist management (Director) with Sarbanes Oxley 404 testing and internal controls updating.
• Assist with the payroll accounting procedures and documentation.
• Assist management (Director) in preparation of IRS 1096, 1099, 3922 filing requirements.
• Assist management (Director) on projects, working with internal departments and external advisors.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Requires 5+ years of high-volume multi-state payroll accounting experience.
• General accounting experience required.
• Prior ADPGL Payroll accounting system preferred.
• Knowledge of payroll and payroll applications – ADP’s PCPW, EV4, EV4, Payforce or EV5 payroll system.
• Great Plains or other accounting software preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Familiar with ADP Query/ADP Report Writer/Report Smith or other report writing tool.
• Must be able to multi-task and be detailed-oriented with ability to meet deadlines.
• Must be a team player, detail-oriented, self –starter with strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred.
• Good working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Payroll tax knowledge required.
For additional information visit www.bridgepointeducation.com.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note: This opportunity of
employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive
of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check
investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior
employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers