Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. This person will be responsible for reconciling payroll related accounts for multiple Kroger divisions. The accounts will be reconciled utilizing Kermit, JDE, Infopac reports, Business Objects, ReconNet, and the general ledger. This person will communicate with the payroll processing clerks, auditors, controllers, and other division personnel. Additional duties will include making journal entries, additional period close functions, research outstanding issues, and other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Use third party documentation to verify accuracy of general ledger postings.
- Post weekly/period journal entries to general ledger to record un-posted transactions, recurring or accrual entries, or correct account balances.
- Prepare period-end account reconciliations.
- Communicate with division and payroll personnel regarding operational or other changes that would impact accounting entries.
- Assist division and payroll personnel with questions on accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Successful completion of college level Accounting 1 and 2 strongly desired
- General knowledge and work experience with the account reconciliation process preferred.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to recognize, research, and resolve accounting errors.
- Ability to make sound decisions with a monetary impact.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of management, division, and store personnel.
- Self-motivated and able to perform job responsibilities with a minimal supervision.
- Good computer and 10-key skills
- Advance Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Overtime as needed to meet deadlines; possible late evenings and weekends during period and quarter close and reconciliation weeks.
- Physical ability to access all necessary files.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Other positions within KASH or the Kroger Company.
Job Codes to be used:
Kroger - 9 months ago