– Job posting
Level : Experienced Non-Manager
Type : Regular Full-Time
Hire Type : New
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Wharton-Smith, Inc. is proud to be successfully experiencing corporate and organizational growth. As a result, we are now looking for a career-minded, detail oriented and talented individual to add to our Payroll staff.
The selected candidate will be working with the Sr. Payroll Administrator to complete a variety of specific clerical and administrative project tasks. These tasks range from routine to moderately complex but are critical to the successful operations of the payroll function. Extensive interaction with Human Resources can also be anticipated .
using Timberline software
- Assist with processing the entire payroll for 500+ employees on a weekly basis
Work Style Requirements
- R esponsible for balancing payroll runs, producing federal, state and local tax payments, and answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues
- Coordinates timely and accurate weekly sorting and mailing/shipping of payroll checks to job site and other locations across the Southeast US
- Employee File Management for new hires an d terminations; responsible for CONFIDENTIAL Payroll and HR document filing. Organizes, boxes and coordinates employee and payroll records and documentation for off-site storag e
- Enters Personnel Change Notice (PCN) data into Payroll System
- Employee Time Off Administration; timely and accurate tracking of use and communication to employees
- Employee Referral Program Administration; assured proper documentation is provided and payments are timely
- Safety Record Keeping - tracks "accident free hours worked" for hourly personnel and provides reports to Corporate Safety Director
- May generate and deliver regularly scheduled and ad hoc payroll reports to internal staff as required or requested
- Attention to detail while working under ongoing weekly time restraints
- Sense of urgency with uncompromised high quality output
- Ability to enthusiastically process multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional communication with office and field management
- Understands confidential nature of work product when interacting with employees
- 2-3 years previous experience working within a Payroll department with multi-state employees.
- Construction industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience processing payroll using Timberline software .
- Basic understanding of Davis Bacon/Prevailing Wage laws and payroll compliance requirements
- Experience with hh2 time and att endance software a plus.
- Must have a proven ability to maintain the highest level of objectivity and confidentiality
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task while maintaining thorough attention to detail
- Must be proficient with Office 2003 including Outlook 2010 , Word and Excel
Monster - 18 months ago