From concept-to-commercialization, Ryt-way provides ingenuity, flexibility, efficiency, and responsiveness to deliver value at every stage in the food packaging process. Ryt-way Industries is the one company that can deliver speed, precision, and performance from start to finish. Our goal is to save time, reduce materials, increase speed, and lower overall cost. Rytway requires employees that operate in good faith with a positive attitude and collaborative work style. It is essential that Ryt-way employees are committed to a safe and healthy work environment.
The Sr Payroll Administrator will be the primary owner of all payroll functions for Ryt-way Industries and related divisions, including employees in multiple states.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Sr Payroll Administrator consist of but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for over 1,000 employees in multiple states, including garnishments, benefits and taxes and other special payroll deductions consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Process manual checks, stop payments or adjustments of payroll, and bonuses as requested.
- Responsible for balancing and reconciling payroll runs, validating confirmed reports, and producing federal, state and local tax payments.
- Ensure Time & Attendance (eTime) and Payroll systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time accruals and balances.
- Oversees the maintenance of payroll records, logs and files in accordance with company policy and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Answer employee and management questions regarding payroll and troubleshoot issues.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, finance, and operations to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. , overtime, retirement contribution reports, hours reporting, etc.)
- Co-manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Co-supervises and coordinates fiscal and calendar year-end processing of payroll, including supplemental payrolls, W-2 and other tax forms, and other government required documentation.
- Assist HR in any payroll administration aspects of the Profit Sharing 401(k) plan and annual audit.
· Research and reconciliation of payroll taxes from prior periods.
· Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
· Co-manage filing of tax updates weekly.
· Monitor quarterly tax filings.
· Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and book journal entries.
· Reconcile cash activity to Payroll and ADP Tax Services reports.
· Reconcile Payroll reports to 941s and W-2s.
· Assist in the registration of payroll taxes in any new states.
· Assist in the management of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit “WOTC” or employer tax credit program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
· At least 5 years of similar payroll and payroll tax experience in a multi-state environment.
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation strongly preferred.
· Experience reconciling and preparing W-2 forms.
· Experience with assisting through the payroll implications of mergers/acquisitions a plus.
· Extensive knowledge of ADP eTime (or Kronos) and PayEx
· Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet Explorer
· Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
· Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
· Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
· Must be a team player
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
· Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
This position is exempt making it ineligible for overtime.
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 2 years ago - save job