Department: Human Resources
Hiring Manager: Kathryn Koch
Close Date: 02/06/2013
ALLETE/Minnesota Power, a premier employer in the arrowhead region is accepting applications for a Payroll Analyst. This role requires keen problem solving and analytical skills providing support and direction on complex payroll activities in a fast paced and constantly changing environment .
• Using independent judgment analyzes and processes biweekly and special payrolls including supplemental and year-end adjustments.
• Serves as subject matter expert between payroll and Information Systems.
• Investigates and calculates retroactive pay increases for employees.
• Verify and update employee changes to taxes (federal. state, or local), direct deposit. or employee check address.
• Compute, prepare and enter off-cycle check information.
• Calculate Paid Time Off and other payouts.
• Monitor, update and process other payroll deductions.
• Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
• Ensure compliance and accuracy of quarterly tax filings and regulations.
- Tests payrolls to verify and approve implementation of system enhancement and patches to production
• Contact for internal inquiries
• Bachelor’s degree required (accounting degree and/or coursework preferred)
• Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred
- One or more years of experience with payroll administration and processing time and attendance, payroll and HRMS systems including:
- Knowledge of wage garnishments and tax reporting General knowledge of accounting principles including taxes and accruals. Understanding of general ledger accounts and how they relate to payroll. Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Oracle or other enterprise HRMS experience preferred
Job Location : GeneralOfficeBuilding in Duluth, MN.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented
Salary: Competitive Market based salary with full benefits.
This position has been posted both external and internal. External candidates can apply online at www.allete.com. Internal candidates must submit their applications through the intranet homepage, and notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class
Minnesota Power/ALLETE - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
ALLETE provides light to the northern climes. Most of its business is classified within its regulated operations, which include electric,...