As the Payroll Coordinator/General Cashier you will be responsible for all payroll processing procedures and general cashier duties. You will work to ensure that all payroll administration procedures are followed. In addition, you will be the primary communications contact for all policy and payroll information for your assigned employee population.
- Serve as the central resource for questions and requests relating to Payroll/ Cashiering, policies/guidelines, providing accurate and timely response;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating all employee information (Payroll);
- Diagnose and escalate issues of high priority;
- Prepare adhoc reports as required;
- Identify and implement process improvements related to areas of responsibility; and
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of company policies, procedures and government regulations and commonly accepted business practices that impact the Payroll processes.
General Cashier Responsibilities:
- Distribute Payroll reports to appropriate individuals;
- Provide general assistance/project assistance to HR/Accounting team as requested;
- Provide appropriate, accurate and timely information to employees;
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processes (including required data entry, data validation, transmitting to vendor and balancing);
- Audit payroll procedures/reports to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory authorities and to ensure that all employees are paid correctly;
- Work with accounting to ensure all general deductions are distributed to vendors in a timely manner;
- Assist with the distribution of payroll notifications and checks as necessary; and
- Assist vendors and accounting with payroll reporting.
- Responsible for managing and auditing all hotel cash funds including: issuing banks, maintaining bank contract files, conducting bank related cashier training, and conducting monthly cashier bank audits.
- Manage internal cash transactions including petty cash, due backs, and change orders.
- Count and verify individual cash drops and prepare daily cash deposits.
- Maintain compliance with all cash related operating procedures.
- 2 year college degree with a business/human resource/accounting emphasis or equivalent education/experience;
- 3+ years experience working in a Payroll Processing environment;
- 2+ years customer service experience; and
- Demonstrated understanding of payroll processes.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) and/or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) accreditation from the American Payroll Association preferred;
- Experience using a web based Benefits/HR/Payroll system (i.e. Ceridian, ADP, etc.);
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting processes as normally acquired through technical training or work experience;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and complete them under time constraints;
- Expert knowledge of payroll administration processes;
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written;
- Demonstrated analytical skills (analyzing information and troubleshooting problems) with high attention to detail;
- Proficiency with computer hardware and software – including the MS Office suite of products; and
- Due to the nature of the information that you will come in to contact with each day, the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group - 2 years ago