Are you someone who dreams in numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high energy accounting team? The work is ever-changing and ideal for a highly analytical problem solver who has an interest in corporate accounting. Whether designing processes, providing forward-thinking analysis or managing our day-to-day balance sheets, our seasoned accounting and finance pros create innovative solutions to challenges and keep our business on track.
The Payroll Coordinator is a full time temporary position. The Payroll Coordinator manages the payroll process and performs accounting-related tasks in support of executive management’s objectives. Duties and responsibilities include: gathering, inputting and processing of payroll data, while ensuring withholdings and/or deductions associated with employees net pay is accurate, and in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
Essential Job Duties:
• Responsible for bi-monthly payroll processing for approximately 5,000 employees (this includes new hires, terminations, salary changes, etc).
• Will calculate and process special checks, and review, edit and make corrections and adjustments as needed.
• Oversees the distribution of paychecks or arrange direct deposit programs.
• Ensures that payroll records are updated and report on any matters of interest.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
• Responsible for balancing payroll runs.
• Solves problems concerning payroll, answers inquiries, and enforces payroll policies.
• Produce Federal, State, and local tax payments.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
• Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support.
• Process and manage year end W-2 reporting.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Must have a thorough understanding of current State and Federal Payroll laws.
• Requires at least 3 years Payroll experience.
• Detail oriented, deadline motivated and well organized.
• Should be able to work efficiently independently or as part of a team.
• Possess strong problem analysis and problem resolution.
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Experience with ADP Enterprise v5 software preferred.
• Experience working within an Educational Institution preferred, but not required.
• Bachelors Degree preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note: This opportunity of
employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive
of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check
investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior
employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify.
To learn more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 9 months ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...