This position is responsible for the accurate and timely
processing of financial activity. The Payroll and Billing
Specialist has responsibility over a specific area such as customer
contract review and processing, transactional services, invoicing
- Job Category: Accounting
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Required Experience: A/P and payroll
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and procedures including
- Basic knowledge of office applications and accounting
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Staffing agency experience preferred
- 1-2 years of previous payroll experience
- Great Plains experience helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to work well in a team environment as well as
- Able to use computer and other office equipment
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Analyzing and reconciling detailed general ledger accounts as
- Keeping records and accounts accurate and current.
- Researching and resolving discrepancies and accounting
- Completing related reports, summaries, and records.
- Creating monthly expense reports.
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of
2. Assumes responsibility for
effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or
documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Sets up new contractors in the accounting system.
Receives personnel reports with W-4 and direct deposit information,
enters job title, department, and payroll data into the accounting
system, and checks entries for accuracy.
- Ensures that payments are accurate and timely. Enters
correct data for hours worked, including overtime, shift
differential, and other payment types.
- Processes ACH (direct deposit) account information.
Inputs contractor names, ID numbers, and bank account and routing
information. Imports dollar amounts to the ACH system, checks
accuracy, and calls bank for transmission.
- Processes checks for payment.
- Downloads and codes payroll journal entries to the general
3. Assumes responsibility for
establishing and maintaining effective communication and
coordination with team members and management:
- Completes payroll, reports, records, and other documentation in
accordance with established deadlines.
- Supports team members as required.
- Tracks and resolves contractor payment questions.
- Keeps management informed of area activities.
© Jackson Healthcare, LLC. All rights reserved.
- 2 years ago - save job