The Program for Assertive Community Treatment and PACT FLoW (Fitchburg, Leominster or Worcester): this program helps seriously mentally ill adults who need intensive treatment by reducing hospitalizations and assists them to find jobs and housing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide peer counseling and support, drawing on common experiences as a peer to validate persons' served experiences, provide guidance and encouragement in his/her recovery path.
- Serve as a mentor to persons served to promote hope and empowerment.
- Acts as an interpreter to help non-mental health team members better understand and emphasize with each persons' served unique and subjective experience and perceptions.
- Provide expertise and consultation from a mental health consumer perspective to the entire team concerning persons' served experiences with symptoms of mental illness, the effects and side effects of medications, opinions and responses to treatment and experiences of recovery.
- Collaborate with team members to promote a culture of self determination.
- Help persons' served and team members identify, understand and combat stigma.
- Increase awareness of and support persons' served participation in self help and advocacy organizations that promote recovery.
- Serve as a liaison between the team and RLC, self help, etc.
- Assists in the direct provision of services to persons' served by the team including side by side support for accomplishing identified objectives, skill teaching, assistance with activities of daily living, coping skills, etc.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner.
- Attends scheduled meetings and trainings.
- HSD/GED required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Peer Specialist Certification and training in WRAP processes preferred.
- Strong commitment to recovery.
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide registered and insured automobile for work related purposes.
Community Healthlink - 11 months ago
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...