Post by Jobing - POSITION SUMMARY Under general supervision provides assistance to behavioral health staff; performs peer support work through different levels of care to clients enrolled in substance–abuse and/or criminal justice–referred situations in an outpatient, residential, in–home or criminal justice setting and performs related duties required.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Serves as a member to the clients including but not limited to modeling appropriate behavior, active listening, reframing old negative client self disclosure. 2. Addresses, supports, and advocates the post treatment needs of clients such as accessing community resources, public transportation, housing, entitlements, outside support groups, and job searches.
3. Contacts clients by phone to discuss and assess their programs. 4. Monitors the mental status of clients and clients’ reactions to medications.
5. Participates in clinical and/or administrative staff meetings and other meetings as required. KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS 1. Knowledge of mental health diagnoses, substance abuse, addictions, recovery, relapse prevention, and 12–step treatment philosophy.
2. Knowledge of behavioral health services delivery systems policies and procedures. 3. Knowledge of state and local behavioral health and related services procedures.
4. Knowledge of computer software appropriate to the assignment. 5. Ability to establish rapport and work effectively with others.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. 7. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
8. Skill in the operation of a computer. 9. Skill in the operation of a motor vehicle.REQUIREMENTS• The position has a requirement of a shared experience.
A shared experience is defined as personally utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment. • Work experience in any field. • A High School Diploma/GED. • A bachelor’s degree in the behavioral health field may be preferred for some positions.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card • Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39–month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). • Must be 21 years of age • Background Check • Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol • Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Jobing - 17 months ago