Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
Provide technical leadership and operational expertise at the decision-making level for the implementation, configuration and administration of institutional PeopleSoft ERP and related software systems. Acts as principal application architect and as primary technical resource for all PeopleSoft and related systems. Exercises considerable latitude and judgment in determining methods and objectives of assignments. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Performs or leads the installation, development, maintenance, performance monitoring and tuning, vendor contact, upgrade, and ongoing support for institutional PeopleSoft ERP and related software systems.
2. Provides expert technical leadership to all internal IS service providers as well as system users in the investigation, analysis and resolution of all problems related to institutional PeopleSoft and related systems.
3. Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of institutional business processes and how they are implemented and configured in PeopleSoft. Acts as an expert technical resource for application and data users, developers and systems analysts, and other internal IS service providers in facilitating and maximizing the use of PeopleSoft to meet institutional objectives.
4. Develops and administers policies and procedures relating to PeopleSoft security including the use of profiles, security trees and views and procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn.
5. Monitors response time, performs validation checks and uses other methods to monitor, analyze and tune PeopleSoft system performance. Ensures that architecture will support planned growth and change.
6. Provides technical support and guidance for systems analysts and programmers in support of all aspects of PeopleSoft architecture, tools and configuration.
7. Develops, documents, and implements flexible, non-restrictive change management standards, policies, and procedures for all changes to the PeopleSoft and related systems. Monitors and enforces usage of these standards
8. Performs analysis, feasibility studies and vendor comparisons leading to the acquisition and implementation of PeopleSoft related products including monitoring tools, utilities, query tools, connectivity solutions and add-on products.
9. Maintains current knowledge and keeps management informed of products, developments, enhancements and trends in PeopleSoft ERP systems and related software. Develops recommendations for management. Coordinates with vendors in testing and installing new releases, installing patches, user training, and documenting updates. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related discipline or related experience in lieu of education and five years experience working with ERP systems, relational databases, and other software applications in a large-scale enterprise-wide environment.
? Certifications in relevant areas such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Microsoft are highly desirable. ERP systems implementation and support experience is highly desirable.
? Experience/Knowledge of Quest (Dell) STAT Change Management System is a plus
? Experience/Expertise with Red Hat or Oracle Linux is a plus
? A broad knowledge of automated systems; including Linux, Windows Server, UNIX; large complex application systems with multiple file structures; and/or large data networks
? Requires strong study and research skills for input into institutional technical direction.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 18 months ago