1. Performs diagnostic radiography services by operating imaging equipment, operating other equipment/devices as appropriate, positioning patients, immobilizing patients as necessary, calculating exposure factors, evaluating radiographs for technical quality, assisting physicians with imaging procedures.
2. The radiology technician must maintain a good relation with the patient, assuming care for physical and psychological needs of patient during procedure.
3. Explain the X-ray procedure to patients, prepare patients for the procedure and position them for the best possible outcome.
4. May have to assist patient onto the table and into the proper position.
5. Practice radiation protection, of the patient's body that should not to be exposed to the X-rays, are covered with lead shields.
6. Maintains patients' x-ray imaging and copy as requested.
7. Assumes full responsibility for assigned area.
8. Assumes responsibility for x-ray portion of quality assurance and complies with all federal and state regulations and maintains daily equipment maintenance records.
9. Productivity Logs handed in to supervisor daily
10. Performs clerical duties related to administrative activities of clinical x-ray area.
11. Pursues on-going CME.
12. Works independently while maintaining confidentiality.
13. Perform other related duties.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
- Three to five years experience taking radiographs.
- Keep radiation doses to a minimum per patient.
- Works independently, but in coordination with physicians, medical assistants and all other staff in the Department of Orthopaedics.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA approved radiography program and have a NYS radiographic license.
- Must be AART certified
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 17 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center