Position is primarily responsible for supplier programs including preferred supplier development and Supply Chain performance largely through the use of Perfect Execution tools. In addition, position will assist with Perfect Execution projects including facilitation, training and tool development.
Basic Responsibilities and Objectives Include:
- Reporting responsibilities to a Supply Chain Business Leader
- Through heavy use of lean enterprise tools, develop the following preferred suppliers directly with the Business Units
o Existing preferred suppliers identified by the Business Unit
o Suppliers targeted for performance improvement on lean initiatives as the result of Perfect Execution projects
- Through direct interaction with Emerson Corporate regional resources and Business Units, align capabilities of regional preferred suppliers with Business Unit requirements in the areas of technical specifications, product mix and manufacturing processes
- Perfect Execution project support as needed working directly with the VP of Perfect Execution
o Perfect Execution process facilitation
o Project Implementation and training assistance: kanban, Value Stream Mapping, ABCD Materials Management, etc.
o Analytical support
- Work closely with Emerson Supply Chain Performance team to establish processes and tools for identifying and developing preferred suppliers globally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each basic responsibility satisfactorily and meet education and experience requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain management, operations, business, finance, marketing or engineering required
- MBA preferred
- 3-4 Years general work experience required
- 1-2 Years supply chain, logistics, procurement, quality, operations or related experience required
- Lean manufacturing or continuous improvement experience strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- This person must be adaptable and allow for a flexible work schedule
- Travel required: domestic and international
Emerson - 2 years ago
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...