We are looking for a Performance Engineer with a penchant for destruction, who takes delight in finding bugs and scalability problems in Riak, our database. This is not a tick off the checklist QA position. You'll be driving the testing infrastructure and methodologies in collaboration with our engineering and development operations teams. Improving Basho's test automation, benchmarking and resilience testing of Riak is key to our success.
This position is a remote position (USA) or can be based out of one of our US locations in Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, CA and Herndon, VA.
You must be:
* Relentless in your quest to break Riak.
* Cynical that features don't work at scale until you've proved they do.
* Lazy in the best way - automate all the things
* A bug whisperer. Do that one weird step nobody else would.
* Professional experience building/operating non-trivial distributed systems and/or databases in a live production environment.
* Experience with system performance tools - perf, dtrace, systemtap etc.
* Experience automating repeatable performance tests.
* Experience with erlang is desirable, but not critical.