General Objectives: Responsible for collection, manipulation, and analysis of data including data obtained through medical record review, electronic abstraction or other sources to improve processes and reporting functions; Monitor and ensure adherence to evidence based interventions and identify opportunities for improvement; Performs data validation, statistical analysis and benchmarking to measure, track and trend performance across a variety of services.
• Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
• Preferred: College-level education in a field requiring data management.
• Preferred: Education in healthcare field.
• At least 2 years experience in hospital/acute care setting.
• Required: High proficiency with computing technology; statistical analysis methods, database management.
• Required: An understanding of a wide variety of hospital systems/applications, data types and the ability to explain data to various leadership and management audiences.
• Required: Medical terminology.
• Required: Attention to detail, time management skills, effective communication skills.
• Required: Motivation to support excellence in patient care.
• Preferred: Report writing skills; Project management skills.
Valley View Hospital - 7 months ago