ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Athletes’ Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine what’s possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes’ Performance was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Men’s Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes’ Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes’ Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity with a world class organization? Athletes’ Performance is recognized internationally as the leader in performance training and is the training destination for the top champions in sport. We are seeking a dynamic NUTRITIONIST to join our team working on a part-time basis on assignment in Carlsbad, CA.
- Continue to refine nutrition materials (nutrition 101, handouts, meal builder, etc)
- Implement and present internal and external Nutritional Education Programs
- Develop and document nutritional and supplementation plans for each athlete, group or program.
- Provide individual and group Consultation, Nutrition Education, and specific strategies for their implementation.
- Computerized nutritional analysis and review with Nutribase software
- Supplement Coordination
- Coordination, Data Collection (Validity/Reliability), Input, Analysis, Records, etc. of all available testing
- Hydration Station Supervision & Solutions
- Coordinate Blood Work for Appropriate Members
- Present at educational symposiums as well as for the AP Education team
- Write on behalf of Athletes’ Performance.
- Maintain and update programming as appropriate
- Work closely with the performance coaching and physical therapy staff to maintain the culture of integration
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition required, Masters Degree preferred.
- Registered Dietitian
- CSSD or CSCS certification desirable
- 2+ years experience in a sports nutrition or related field
- Strong presentation/lecture skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient and organized
- Work hours: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm, M, W, F (some flexibility preferred)
- Work location: on assignment in San Diego, CA
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check