Primary Job Responsibilities
StubHub interns will participate in a challenging 10-12 week summer program, then return to school in the fall. Summer interns will obtain practical work experience, learn about the StubHub business, and receive mentorship from their manager and team. Summer Interns will set goals/objectives with their managers at the start of the internship, and complete end of summer performance evaluations.
Want to impact a billion-dollar company in a single summer? Your work will be immediately used for improving the application performance of StubHub.com, influencing existing applications and new projects. You will complete the summer with immediately marketable skills and new insights into how application design choices impact performance in the real world.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
Build an application profiling system for StubHub.com websites that captures, gathers, tracks, and trends information about web page performance. You will utilize your creativity and analysis skills to find crucial data points that impact the application, capture them, and make them actionable for the application development teams. This will require at a minimum:
Web page crawling
Web server response profiling
Log file analysis
Cross-tool integration and data extraction
Multi-server request correlation
Data aggregation, analysis, and storage
Identifying and creating reports for testing and development teams to make improvements
And if you''re particularly ambitious:
Creating a web application with backend database storage and an interactive front-end
Augmenting the existing Java code to better track needed data
…all that, and get paid doing it in a dynamic San Francisco work environment. Job Requirements
Nice to have:
- Current enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate program (B.S. in CS/EE) as a sophomore or higher
- The prospective intern should have taken relevant C.S. classes in data structures and algorithms and implemented projects in Java.
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at any given time.
- Programming experience with open source frameworks such as Spring/Hibernate/Apache Axis.
- Programming experience with J2EE.
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...