Job Description: Responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modifications, fabrications, of design circuitry, electro-mechanical systems, or specialized test equipment. Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. May perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems. Normally receives general instructions on most work.
You will be part of a team tasked to deliver measurements and analysis for marketing and engineering purposes on phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assembling requested configurations (both hardware and software), running the requested tests, determining if the results are in the expected range, and accurately documenting and reporting the results
- Based on skill and ability, can also include:
- presenting out on information and learnings gathered; initial analysis.
- defining and implementing new tests and experiments based on feedback.
- Clear communication skills in reporting and documenting issues and results of testing
- Ability to demonstrate successful problem solving skills
- Ability to follow and contribute to lab process
- Ability to multitask and focus
You should possess a relevant educational qualification with working knowledge of phone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer hardware architecture and be able to assemble a mobile or desktop system from components. This includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows (Win7, WinRT, and Win8), iOS, and Android operating systems including being able to install from scratch and debug operational issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience (minimum 1 year) with hardware and software testing, benchmarking and/or validation
Additional experience of interest includes:
- Experience in measuring battery life and system power
- Experience with graphics, 3D and gaming hardware and software
USA-California, Santa Clara
May 30, 2013
Jun 30, 2013
Intel's Sales and Marketing group provides world-class support at the OEM, developer and end-user levels. In addition, the group is involved in Internet and e-Commerce strategies, as well as the execution of worldwide Intel® architecture branded product strategies. Intel's expanding breadth of products and recent acquisitions are providing vast opportunities in Sales and Marketing now and in the future for both the technical and business-oriented.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...