Title: Perl Software Engineer.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA.
Duration: 18 Months Contract.
Interview Process: Telephonic + Face - Face
· Production support of a highly complex Linux/FreeBSD multi-tier infrastructure.
· Requirements gathering and identification of dependencies including operations, networks, hardware and external teams.
· Deployment of large-scale environment, including OS, Application and external requirements (ACLs, VIPs, etc) for 100's-1,000's of devices at a time.
· Communication & coordination with internal / external groups and operations.
· Status monitoring and reporting for selected projects.
· Act as subject matter expert for the project and advise/drive engineering teams on best practices to execute.
· Automation tasks utilizing to streamline tasks, auto-remediation, alerting or other SE/DevOps tasks using Perl.
Minimum Job Qualifications
· Significant, proven experience working in a UNIX (RHEL / BSD preferred) environment as a System Administrator/Engineer
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability
· Experience supporting a large-scale production deployment
· Proven experience developing tools and automation using Perl from concept to completion
· BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
· Apache/SVN/RPMs/Open Source (such as Puppet) application support experience
· Experience leading peers and demonstrating accountability for area of responsibility
· Experience organizing projects and reporting on status as well as driving issues to resolution
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Self-driven / Self-motivated
Preferable Job Qualifications
· MySQL experience, including data mining / report generation.
· Experience working with Development in a DevOps role.
· Experience with best practices such as High Availability, BCP, Capacity Planning, etc