To develop banking relationships and serve the needs of bank clients; to protect the bank’s assets and image by making sound decisions and minimizing risk .Promotes business for UP by maintaining good client relations and referring client to appropriate staff for new services. Duties include providing ongoing service to bank clients in order to prevent or resolve problems and ensure client satisfaction, process frontline transactions, promote and service our commercial and consumer electronic services and partner with our Bankers to ensure the needs of the clients are met.
- Originate and open new consumer and commercial deposit relationships including new accounts and compatible products and services.
- Know who your customer is, help identify their financial needs, and help satisfy them
- Recommend United Prairie Bank products or services when it would serve a customer’s financial need through cross sales.
- Refer customers to United Prairie Insurance Agency, and United Prairie Financial Network when those services would be of benefit to the customer.
- Provide ongoing service to bank clients in order to prevent/resolve problems and ensure client satisfaction.
- Process teller transactions (deposits, withdrawals, payments); manage cash drawer.
- Enter and maintain file maintenance through BPM for all accounts on UP computer system.
- Assist with frontline tasks as delegated by management.
- Greet customers, answer phones, and perform clerical tasks as delegated by management.
- Follow all compliance and regulatory requirements for the banking industry.
- Abide by all policies, procedures and regulations of UP.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills; general knowledge of internet usage and Microsoft Office programs; strong desire to strive for quality interactions with clients and teammates; ability to be assertive and diplomatic in order to minimize risk of loss to bank; highly effective in solving problems and making decisions; strong desire to learn, interpret, and follow policies and procedures; organizational skills which support multi-tasking and deadlines; highly adaptable to change; proficient with counting and handling cash; ability to practice discretion and confidentiality in all situations.
Salary will be based on qualifications, competitive benefits package included. Applicant can apply by emailing an introductory letter and resume to: United Prairie Bank, Human Resources - firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: 1 year employment in bank or financial institution
- Occasional day travel may be required for training/meeting purposes.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis. Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
United Prairie Banks offer small town service with an complete array of financial products and services: checking and savings accounts,...