OneWest Bank, FSB, a federally chartered savings bank headquartered in Pasadena, California, is the largest financial institution headquartered in Southern California. OneWest is focused on delivering personalized, relationship-based banking to its customers. The bank has an extensive network of retail branches in Southern California with over $15 billion in deposits and total assets of $27 billion, including a loan portfolio, a securities portfolio, a servicing platform with mortgage servicing rights representing over 550,000 borrowers.
OneWest originates conforming and jumbo mortgage loans through its branches and call centers, administers commercial mortgage loans and conducts retail banking deposit operations online and via its Southern California retail bank branch network. In addition to Southern California locations, OneWest has operation centers in Austin, TX and Kalamazoo, MI.
OneWest offers exciting and challenging employment opportunities for banking and mortgage professionals in a fast-paced, results-focused environment.
This position is a mid-level platform sales position. The Personal Banker I opens and/or sells new consumer and business deposit accounts (checking savings money market IRAs CDs) orders checks and ATM Debit cards and cross sells overdraft protection on-line banking/bill pay and all other Bank products and services. This position typically has a higher level of approval limit/authority and the Personal Banker II is more likely to be involved in working with more affluent and/or business clients in order to meet their more complex banking needs. The Personal Banker II will have higher performance expectations and will have more emphasis on the more complex bank products and services in comparison to the expectations set for the Personal Banker I position. Occasionally a Personal Banker II may be required to act as a senior person in the absence of Branch and Assistant Branch Manager. Responsibilities:
• Completes new signature card opens on the OneWest Bank system in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
• Provides detailed product information to clients and prospective clients.
• Responds to client inquiries and solves any client problems.
• Engages clients and prospective clients in needs/preference assessment discussions in order to successfully satisfy customer expectations.
• Seeks to match product and service recommendations to meet each individual client’s unique needs.
• Refers potential clients to other departments of the bank including but not limited to Mortgage Lending Commercial Banking SBA and Private Banking.
• Discusses and provides information and account application forms for HELOCs.
• May also work with clients/prospects from mortgage banking commercial banking and private banking.
• Prospects and develop own client base.
• Conducts all business operations and customer transactions according to the OneWest Bank’s One Client At A Time service standards.
• May execute Teller responsibilities as needed.