Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Responsible for selling Associated Bank products to existing customers and prospects. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying and matching customer needs throughout Trust, Business Banking, Private Banking and Retail Departments.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Strive to deliver a satisfying customer experience by fulfilling service requests and providing efficient and accurate transaction processing. Support the operational integrity of the branch.
Achieve individual and branch team goals.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Sales Activities 80%
Service and Operations 20%
1. Identify needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs. Sell bank products to new and existing customers, using the established company sales process while maintaining sales and procedural proficiency in all services offered at the bank. Performs joint calls to further develop relationships.
2. Ensures positive public perception by extending a warm welcome to existing or potential customers, and identifying their needs, presenting solutions through product benefits, overcoming resistance, completing the sale, and nurturing relationships, personally committing to consistently exceed customer expectations, every time, everywhere.
3. Open new deposit and loan related accounts and processes changes to existing accounts. Requires understanding of sales, products, benefits, account ownership, forms, and procedures. Ensure that new accounts are properly processed and cross-sell opportunities are identified and pursued.
4. Opens deposit and loan accounts, verifies and processes changes to existing accounts, answers customer questions, and resolves related account problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
5. Prepare all documents and paper work, assist customers with signing documents necessary to complete transactions, receive initial deposits and/or transfer funds from existing accounts or prepares sight draft to obtain funds.
6. Assists the Bank Manager in the sales training and development of other office staff. Help prepare reports and sales aids.
7. Participates in community and business functions/group to ensure a positive image for the bank within their market place.
8. Opening or closing of retail bank, performing routine functions in preparation of the start or end of day’s activities including ATM balancing and/or servicing.
9. Acts as a mentor and trainer for other Personal Bankers within an office or region. May perform some sales coaching activities for the office, both for Personal Bankers and Tellers (referral coaching).
10. May provide backup to Branch Manager in their absence.
11. Maintain sufficient proficiency in Teller operations to perform related transactions like inquiries and new account posting.
12. May need to attend business appointments as well as conducts financial literacy presentations periodically.
Minimum Education : High School diploma or equivalent is required. Post-secondary education a plus, completed Achieving Excellence curriculum and Developing Excellence for Personal Banker Certification
Possesses the following: Major Line Insurance License (property, casualty, life, accident and health, or the limited line of automobile), Branch Business Banker certification, Lending acumen to include AM I lending
Preferred Education : Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years sales and/or financial industry experience including deposit and consumer lending.
Special Skill Requirements: Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
Based upon both job expectations and level of knowledge and experience, may be asked to complete additional educational training. This training may include in-house or outside seminars, correspondence courses, or college and technical school classes.
May be required to obtain a Series 6 and 63 licenses.
Must submit required information to meet registry requirements, obtain a unique identifier, and maintain the registration requirements as directed by the S.A.F.E Act.
General Physical Conditions
- Moderate physical activity; routine handling of objects of 21-50 pounds or continuous standing, walking, keyboard, or CRT work (at least 80% of time) OR periods of moderate discomfort due to noise and/or other adverse conditions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Normal coordination and/or visual attention in connection with the standard flow of work.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Need to work flexible hours – mornings, early evenings and some weekend hours.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws.
Minimal travel to include attending training, calling on businesses and covering other offices as needed.
Monday-Friday 9:00-7:00, Saturday 9:00-4:00, Sunday 10:00-2:00
MANITOWOC FESTIVAL FOODS
2151 South 42nd Street
Strong Connections. Clear Direction. Real Opportunities.
AT ASSOCIATED, WE SUCCEED TOGETHER.
We value the diversity...