USIS , an Altegrity company, is a leading federal security solution provider that supports National Security initiatives around the globe for over 15 years with more than 6,600 employees working in all 50 states and overseas. We offer state-of-the-art solutions in Construction Surveillance, Intel Analysis, Physical/Personnel/Facility Security, Investigative Analytics, Security Analytics, Counter-Surveillance, Personal Security, Infrastructure Protection, Litigation Support, Records Management, Cyber/Forensics, Training & Law Enforcement, and Immigration Investigation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personnel Security Assistant/Help Desk, in Washington, DC .
USIS must provide staff with specialized expertise in personnel security as it relates to help desk support of DHS NPPS FPS Headquarters Security Offices in Washington, DC.
The administration of the e-QIP help desk program throughout FPS’s 11 Regions, and Headquarters staff operations is administered by dedicated customer service representative, and overseen by a Federal employee senior staff. The customer service representatives process user account requests and terminations as well as acting as a conduit to implement program policy modifications and changes and to facilitate training for the over one hundred and fifty (150 ) users sponsored by FPS nationwide.
This is provided by live operator(s) Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM until 7:30 PM eastern time and supplemented by voice and e-mail at all times.
Familiar with reviewing of investigative forms for completeness, accuracy, and correct type of investigation needed. Ability to review “e-QIP” request on-line and provide technical assistance with the applicant and would have the ability to “reject” the form back to the applicant for correction of information, if applicable.
Receives telephone calls and respond to incoming e-mail messages on “Customer Service” web address. Prepares, submits, monitors, and updates computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case material. Serves as a source of reference and guidance for staff members regarding the monitoring and maintenance of case-material. Verifies the appropriate level of background investigation being requested.
• Hours from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
• Provide timely responses to all calls/emails for e-QIP related support. This includes, but is not limited to assisting applicants and/or their Government/private sector representative encountering e-QIP related issues.
• Must maintain a working knowledge of the e-QIP system in order to adequately respond to e-QIP related inquiries, as well as identifying, and elevating to the Contractor Suitability Adjudications Staff issues relative to system-wide and case-specific e-QIP related issues.
• Assure a high degree of customer satisfaction related to all Customer Service Help Desk activities. This includes, but is not limited to staff conducting themselves in a professional manner at all times. Being pleasant, courteous, and respectful when talking to customers on the telephone, and/or via e-mail interaction.
• Provide metrics relevant to CSD activity and volume. This includes, but is not limited to, the staff maintaining a working knowledge of/capability of inputting data into MICROSFT EXCEL spreadsheet/ACCESS database applications.
• Assist in expanding the usage of the OPM e-QIP to greater than 95% for Security and Suitability Investigation Requests.
• Maintain personnel security reference materials and DHS policy and procedure for handling Privacy Act protected and Sensitive Personally Identifying Information.
*Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No faxes please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
USIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Experience & Education: With a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree this position requires one year of
experience. With a High School Diploma this position requires two years of relevant experience performing
administrative support functions. With no degree, three years of relevant experience performing administrative
support functions. is required. Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication
skills. Experience using word processing and desktop publishing application software and hardware is
Professional Help Desk Experience
Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree
3120-USIS NSD - 8 months ago