Job Title: Personnel Security Specialist/Clearance Adjudicator (CONUS)
Reports To: The Customer and the PM
Work Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Start Date: This position is contingent upon award of contract in Dec 2012
Advantage SCI, LLC is currently seeking Personnel Security Specialist/Clearance Adjudicator candidates to be considered for immediate employment for a US Government Agency in the Washington DC Metro Area. This candidate will be required to adjudicate employee and candidate background investigation results utilizing the Adjudicative Guidelines and OPM Suitability Factors with fair concern for equality and detail. The Candidate shall review derogatory and/or conflicting information from personnel security investigations, seek additional information to clarify questionable or discrepant information. The candidate shall brief the Sr. Personnel Security Specialist on questionable aspects uncovered during the review of specific security application documents. The candidate shall review, evaluate, and make a suitability recommendation (i.e. approval or denial).
Conduct personnel security tasks for all Agency personnel and visitors. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of governing laws, regulation precedents, and directives governing Government security program; knowledge of Government personnel security and SCI programs concepts and principles; and knowledge of the governments investigative agencies techniques and procedures. The Office grants, denies, revokes, suspends, or restricts security clearances consistent with the requirements of Executive Order 12968 for National Security Positions, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD 704); and Executive Order (E.O.) 10450, Executive Order 13488, and Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 (HSPD-12) with respect to suitability issues. OSP performs this work to fulfill the clearance and
suitability needs of the Agency as a whole.
The candidate will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of the execution of these tasks, in accordance with the above regulations and guidelines.
The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge and experience of regulations governing Federal personnel security programs such 5 CFR 731, 5 CFR 732, E.O. 10450, E.O. 12968, ICD 704 and (HSPD)-12.
Conduct research of personnel security information using the Office of Personnel Management’s Clearance Verification System, PIPS and OSP’s case management system to verify an individual selected for federal employment or contract performance prior background investigation and/or security clearance as outlined in the Government Security Manual. The candidate shall contact the individual’s losing agency, if necessary, to verify an investigation adjudication. The candidate shall obtain prior investigations conducted by OPM, the FBI, Defense, and other investigative agencies as needed for adjudication.
If an individual does not have the appropriate investigation, the candidate shall take the necessary steps using the Office of Personal Management’s Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) to obtain a security questionnaire (i.e. SF85, SF85P, SF86) from the individual. The candidate must ensure the completeness of the security questionnaires submitted via e-QIP submitted to OSP for a background investigation. The candidate shall provide technical assistance as needed to individuals who completing their security questionnaire via e-QIP.
The candidate shall coordinate periodic reinvestigations as outlined in the Government security manual for all federal employees and candidates using e-QIP.
The candidate shall provide information regarding requirements for personnel security investigations and clearances, interpretation of personnel security regulations, and adjudicative guidelines to customers.
The candidate will report to the Personnel Security Branch Chief any issues of a technical nature within scope of work.
The candidate shall prepare and maintain spreadsheets tracking his/her case status of new applicant, candidate, and federal employee files.
The candidate shall create file folders, enter necessary data into the Personnel Security case management system, and maintain personnel security files for access and collateral access.
The candidate shall process and manage incoming security clearance certifications. The candidate shall send outgoing security clearance verifications as needed.
The candidate shall assist the administration of the Treasury HSPD-12 badges as needed.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an active TOP Secret/SCI Clearance. This service may be conducted at the SECRET or TOP SECRET/SCI levels of clearance and access.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in personnel security is required, with experience in supporting all relevant laws, regulations, and orders relevant to personnel security.
- At the SECRET level, a comprehensive understanding of Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) is required.
- At the TOP SECRET/SCI level, a comprehensive understanding of all special security Intelligence Community Directives, as well as other relevant guidance and procedures.
- Comparable experience in managing collateral and SCI spaces and security personnel. You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency in oral and written communications and experience in interviewing.
- Be experienced in Microsoft Office products to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Be experienced in conducting briefings
- Be available for flexible hours (to include evenings and weekends)
- Shall be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Advantage SCI, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Noise level: Low to moderate
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)
Advantage SCI - 23 months ago